One of the Great Features of the Koha catalog is Purchase Suggestions.
When a patron is logged into their account in the Online Public Access Catalog, they can place a Purchase Suggestions from the “My purchase suggestions” tab or if they cannot find what they are looking for in a search, they are prompted to make a Purchase Suggestion:
What happens to all of these Purchase Suggestions?
How do you, as the Library Director or Selector, access these suggestions?
Follow the step-by-step instructions below, or watch a video where Royce at Tonganoxie demonstrates this module.
- Log into the Staff Client using a TECH or DIRECTOR account
- Go to the Acquisitions Module (More > Acquisitions)
- Select the Manage Suggestions link
- Review the Pending Suggestions and select the appropriate Reason, and choose to Accept, Reject or Delete the Suggestions. The Reason you select will appear on the Patron’s “My purchase suggestions” page.
- Follow through with ordering the item, then update the status again, if you so choose, once it is cataloged and processed.
- The Patron can watch the progress of their Purchase Suggestions.