|May 18, 2011|
|10:00 am||to||12:00 pm|
We met on May 18, 2011 for our NExpress Users Group meeting and discussed a slew of topics (notes will be emailed to the nexpress list):
- Overview of Koha 3.4 and our impending upgrade after May 22
- Sound Cues will be turned on in Koha – you can mute your computer’s internal or external speakers, if you do not want the sound cues
- Managing lost items and how the lost function works in Koha
- The Collection Development committee will be re-convened to discuss collaborative collection development
- Jim will convene a committee to discuss and make recommendations about the restricted item types
- Sharon reviewed how Purchase Suggestions work in Koha, as opposed to Harley
- Mickey would like ideas for new customer-centered monthly statistics
- Sharon reviewed the new ‘enhanced’ reports – just click run!
- Heather will re-convene the Cataloging Committee – let her know if you are interested
- Email email@example.com
- Be careful when pulling courier labels – H, O and L libraries are getting mis-routed holds
- We discussed possible enhancement ideas that we could sponsor
11. New Business:
- Send out reminder that you must SET the ‘default’ patron messaging for Holds notification when creating a new patron
- Hold priority list numbering issues/confusion
- Agent and Koha link? Still a problem getting useful status information – there is no strong ‘available’ status that Agent can pull from Koha
- Patron types limited to Your set library
- Can’t edit Guarantee’s phone? Longstanding bug, says Mickey.
- Need to delete old patron notes
- Orphaned transfers – re-place the hold? Regenerate the request – should be report these out?