|November 16, 2010|
|10:00 am||to||12:00 pm|
NExpress Users Group Meeting
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
NEKLS HQ, Lawrence
10:00 a.m. – ?
- Koha/PTFS upgrade, bugfix and development issues. Batch Edit feature now working. Libraries who want Batch Edit training can schedule it with Heather or Sharon.
- Discussion of new support vendor search process and timeline.
- Beck-Bookman Library (Holton) migration. (Go live January 25, 2011); Barnes Reading Room (Everest) cataloging beginning 2010. Other libraries joining in 2011.
- Third daily Holds Pick List generation added: 7:00 am, 1:00 pm and now 4:30 pm to relieve courier crunch.
- StaticHoldsQueueWeight preference — similar to Preferred Lenders List in AGent. Current list order explained.
- Changing item statuses in Koha for items owned by other libraries using LOST. Need for more communication among libraries about unreturned items.
- NExpress Policy Committee discussion of patron data collection — is there a need for general guidelines about what patron data to record/not record in the Koha borrower account?
- Circulation policies general discussion; KICNET lending agreement as basis for interlibrary loans; video game circulation policy; DVD circulation policy.
- Items lost by courier vs. items missing or unaccounted for in Koha: what steps to take to research, how long to wait, whom to contact.
- Managing the holds shelf at your library.
- New business.